Apartment Pest Control
One of the worst problems an apartment complex can have is a pest problem. Not only do pests pose unique health and safety risks for tenants and staff, but your property’s reputation could also be in serious trouble. If your apartment building, condo, multi-family property, or other rental unit has a bug or rodent infestation, you need to take care of it fast. The professional exterminators at Command Pest Control can help! We have extensive training and with our team’s expertise and specialized equipment, we can quickly identify and get rid of pests on your commercial property in no time.
Since 1995, we have been providing Arkansas apartment buildings with exceptional products and services. From seasonal treatments for common pests to targeted extermination, Command Pest Control has you covered. Contact us today for effective pest control solutions for your rental property.
Your residents are your top priority and the last thing you want is for them to be uncomfortable and unhappy. Without comprehensive pest control services, your rental units are vulnerable to various types of pests. Pesky bugs and rodents can infiltrate adjoining units in a flash, so if your property has a pest infestation, it is vital to contact a professional pest control company as soon as possible.
The experienced team at Command Pest Control can handle any size infestation. Rental property owners and managers throughout Arkansas count on our expertise to help keep their buildings pest-free. Our exterminators can diagnose your pest issue and determine which technique will work best for your property.
Our comprehensive pest control services include:
- Roach treatment for apartments – Cockroaches can slip through doors, windows, and cracks in your building or unsuspecting tenants could carry them from elsewhere on their clothes. Cockroaches are known to transport pathogens that can cause serious illnesses and health complications for anyone exposed to them. They also harbor certain allergens within their feces, saliva, and body parts that can trigger allergic reactions.
- Ant control for apartments – Some species of ants can become aggressive and bite or sting humans and pets while others can spread diseases or cause a serious allergic reaction. Once ants find a food source, they lay down an invisible trail that other ants can sense and follow to keep coming back to get more food for their colony.
- Rodent control for apartments – Rodents can cause significant problems for apartments and condos. In search of food, water, and shelter, mice and rats may squeeze their way in through drainage pipes or holes and cracks in your building’s exterior. Once inside, they start to breed which will result in a full infestation very fast. Mice and rats’ constant chewing can wreak havoc on a building’s structure but they also carry dangerous bacteria that can put your staff and tenants at risk for allergies and infection.
- Bed bug treatment for apartments – One of the most common pests that make their way into apartment buildings is the pesky bed bug. Bed bugs need to be dealt with right away, as they can cause issues for residents including itchy welts and rashes, skin irritation at the site of the bite, sweating, watery eyes, abdominal pain, and lethargy.
- Mosquito control for apartments – Providing your residents with a comfortable living environment means you also need to control pests around your outdoor areas. While mosquitoes may seem like just a pesky nuisance, they can expose people to diseases like the Zika virus, West Nile virus, and more.
- Flea control for apartments– Fleas can be brought into your apartment building by residents and their pets. Fleas are a serious problem because they can potentially infect people and pets with the germs that cause flea-borne typhus, bubonic plague, tularemia, cat-scratch disease, and tapeworms, among other harmful diseases.
- Tick control for apartments – Ticks are also likely to be brought into your building by residents and their pets. Ticks feed on a variety of hosts and can carry and transmit a wide range of diseases that can make people and pets very ill, such as Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lyme Disease, among others.
- Termite treatment for apartments – Termites feed on wood foundations and can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage to your multifamily property or apartment complex. The key to preventing termite damage is to detect an infestation as early as possible.
With our pest control services, we can help you take back control of your building as soon as possible so you can get back to focusing on your tenants. A regularly scheduled, proactive pest control program not only works to quickly eliminate current pests but also helps avoid future infestations, which is better for both you and your tenants!
How To Prevent Pests in Apartments
Bugs and rodents are attracted to environments that provide them with their basic needs of food, water, and a place to live. This means that resident involvement is crucial to keep your property pest-free.
Educate residents on what they can do to help prevent pests:
- Tightly seal food storage containers.
- Clean up food and liquid spills immediately.
- Sweep up any food crumbs.
- Rinse dirty dishes.
- Wipe down all kitchen surfaces regularly.
- Clean pet food bowls.
- Use flea and tick control products on pets.
- Wash pets’ bedding and toys in hot water frequently and dry on a high setting.
- Keep unit clean and uncluttered.
- Keep trash lids closed and regularly take trash out.
- Report any moisture problems to management immediately.
- Report any signs of pests to management immediately.
Signs of pest infestation include:
- Unexplained grease marks – Grease marks and grease tracks can signal a rodent infestation, as mice and rats tend to travel by the exact same path, leaving a tell-tale greasy trail. Rats are known to go along walls and will often leave dark grease spots wherever they go.
- Noises – Scampering, buzzing, or tapping sounds within the walls, especially at night when the property is quiet, can indicate a pest infestation. Scratching, gnawing, and scurrying sounds might be heard from mice and rats while large bugs can make chirping or scratching noises.
- Pest droppings – Small, dark droppings may be found in cabinets, drawers, and pantries. Rodent droppings are conical or spindly in shape, while insect droppings are much smaller.
- Strange smells – A rotting or stale food smell is due to pests carrying food and leaving pieces of it behind. Moldy, rotting bits of food will likely be found in areas where the pests are congregating. Odors from droppings and urine may be present or if pests are dying in the walls or other parts of the building, very strong, unpleasant smells will be noticed.
- Holes, stains, scratch or chew marks – This type of damage can be on furniture, clothing, walls, floors, or exposed wires and can mean there is an infestation of rats, insects, or other pests that love to chew on things.
Pest Control Services for Apartments in Arkansas
Command Pest Control can help safely eliminate pests from your apartment complex, multi-family building, or other rental property. With our advanced treatments, those unwanted pests will be gone in no time, and stay gone! For the best pest control services in Arkansas, contact us today!