Pest activity is a constant concern for residential and commercial property owners in Arkansas. From ants and rodents to termites and mosquitoes, the potential for infestations tends to increase with fluctuations in weather conditions. The top pest control experts at Command Pest, a leading residential and commercial pest control company in Arkansas, understand the challenges faced by property owners in the region. They offer insights into how seasonal changes in Arkansas influence pest activity, along with essential guidance on preventing and managing infestations.
As the seasons change throughout the year, so does the pest population and behavior. Warmer temperatures during spring and summer months lead to increased insect activity and breeding cycles, whereas colder temperatures in the fall and winter months often drive pests indoors in search of warmth and shelter. To ensure effective pest management, it’s crucial to understand the specific threats that emerge with each season and take preventative measures to protect your property.
With this comprehensive guide to seasonal pest activity in Arkansas, you can make informed decisions about pest control and enjoy peace of mind knowing that your property is safeguarded against potential infestations. Read on to learn about the most common pests in Arkansas, their behaviors as the seasons change, and important prevention tips from the team at Command Pest.
The Impact of Spring on Pest Activity in Arkansas
Springtime in Arkansas brings warmer temperatures, more rainfall, and a noticeable increase in pest activity. The most common pests encountered during this season include ants, termites, and mosquitoes, all driven to seek food and shelter in preparation for the summer months.
1. Ants: As temperatures rise, ants become more active in their search for food and prime nesting locations. They can often be found invading homes and businesses in search of sustenance and suitable breeding grounds.
2. Termites: While termites can be active year-round in Arkansas, their activity dramatically increases during spring due to the ideal conditions for mating and nesting. Spring is known as the peak season for termite swarms, where winged termites leave their colonies in search of new locations to start new colonies.
3. Mosquitoes: The higher rainfall levels in spring create an ideal breeding environment for mosquitoes, as stagnant water from puddles and flooded areas serve as perfect breeding grounds.
To mitigate the increased risk of infestations during spring, ensure that your property is properly sealed and address any potential entry points, such as gaps around windows and doors, utility openings, and any damaged screens. Additionally, reducing available food sources and keeping your property clean can further deter pests during this season.
Summer Pests and What to Watch Out for
As summer arrives, Arkansas experiences even warmer temperatures, which further contribute to thriving pest populations. While ants, mosquitoes, and termites continue to be an issue throughout this season, other pests such as flies, spiders, and ticks also become increasingly prevalent.
1. Flies: Hot summer temperatures accelerate reproduction cycles for flies, causing their populations to surge. Flies are not only bothersome but can also carry pathogens and contaminate food and surfaces.
2. Spiders: Warmer temperatures and an abundance of insect prey draw spiders out of their hiding places to populate both indoor and outdoor environments.
3. Ticks: Tall grass, dense vegetation, and wooded areas are prime locations for tick activity during summer. These pests can transmit harmful diseases, like Lyme disease, to both humans and animals.
Keeping your property clean and well-maintained, along with regularly scheduled pest control inspections and treatments from a reputable company like Command Pest, is your best defense against summer pests. Ensure that your property is free from debris, maintain your lawn regularly, and eliminate standing water to minimize potential breeding grounds.
The Fall Season and Its Effect on Pest Behavior
When autumn arrives in Arkansas, temperatures begin to cool, and pests seek reliable food sources and shelter in anticipation of the colder months ahead. This natural shift in behavior results in an increased likelihood of pests entering homes and businesses seeking warmth, protection, and sustenance. The most common pests encountered during this season include:
1. Rodents: Mice and rats are among the most troublesome pests in the fall months. As the weather becomes cooler, these adaptable creatures search for ways to infiltrate homes and businesses in pursuit of food and shelter. Rodents can cause extensive property damage and contaminate food stores with their droppings, resulting in a heightened risk of illness.
2. Cockroaches: These pests are another major concern during autumn. While they can be active year-round, their populations tend to peak in the fall, seeking refuge indoors to evade the colder temperatures.
3. Stinging insects: During autumn, some stinging insects, like yellow jackets and hornets, become more aggressive as they search for food to sustain their colonies throughout the winter months. This can pose a risk to people with allergies and anyone unfortunate enough to encounter them.
To minimize the risk of infestation, seal all potential entry points and maintain a strict cleaning regimen, ensuring food sources are effectively eliminated, and waste is properly disposed of.
Winter Pests and How to Manage Them
While wintertime in Arkansas sees a decrease in many pest populations, some still pose a significant threat during the colder months. Rodents continue to be a concern, as do overwintering pests such as boxelder bugs and cluster flies, which seek out insulated areas like wall voids and attics to hibernate and protect themselves from harsh weather conditions.
In addition to maintaining a clean and sealed property during winter, ensuring that warm, insulated spaces such as attics and basements are well-ventilated and free of clutter can greatly deter overwintering pests. Regularly scheduled pest control inspections from Command Pest are also vital to detecting and addressing potential infestations during this season.
By understanding the impact of seasonal changes on pest populations and activity, you can take appropriate preventative measures to protect your Arkansas property throughout the year. This involves vigilance, maintaining your property’s cleanliness, sealing potential entry points, and trusting in the expertise of professional pest control companies like Command Pest.
The Importance of Regular Pest Inspections
Regular pest inspections play a crucial role in maintaining a pest-free property throughout the year. Seasonal changes in Arkansas frequently contribute to shifts in pest populations, which can result in various infestations if left unchecked.
Pest inspections conducted by qualified professionals involve a thorough assessment of your property, searching for signs of pest activity, identifying potential entry points, and evaluating any conditions that could attract pests. These inspections serve as preventive measures to ensure that any existing or potential infestations are addressed before they become significant problems.
To maximize the effectiveness of regular pest inspections, consider scheduling them based on the pest activity patterns in Arkansas. For example, termite inspections should coincide with their peak swarm season in spring, while general inspections can help identify any pests seeking shelter before and during winter months.
It’s essential to collaborate with a reputable pest control company, such as Command Pest. This ensures that potential pest issues are appropriately managed and helps maintain a safe, comfortable environment for both residential and commercial properties.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM): A Sustainable Approach
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an environmentally friendly and sustainable approach to pest control that focuses on combining various prevention methods, monitoring techniques, and targeted control strategies to minimize the use of chemical pesticides and their impact on the environment. This approach is particularly relevant in Arkansas, as its diverse climate and distinct seasons contribute to a wide range of pest activity throughout the year.
IPM relies on understanding the lifecycle and behavior of specific pests, as well as their interactions with the environment, to implement targeted and effective control measures. Some key principles of IPM include:
1. Pest identification: Accurate identification of pests and understanding their behavior is essential in determining the most effective management strategies.
2. Monitoring and assessing pest populations: Regular inspection and monitoring of pest populations help determine the extent of infestations and assist in selecting appropriate control measures.
3. Cultural and mechanical controls: Implementing various non-chemical pest exclusion and prevention methods, such as proper sanitation, repairing property vulnerabilities, and eliminating clutter that harbors pest activity.
4. Biological controls: When possible, using beneficial insects or other organisms to either outcompete or consume the problematic pest populations without affecting the surrounding ecosystem.
5. Chemical controls: Using pesticides judiciously and only when necessary, prioritizing the use of environmentally friendly and targeted products.
By adopting an IPM approach, pest control efforts are customized to your property’s unique needs and the local environmental factors in Arkansas. This method not only reduces pests’ resistance to chemical treatments but also minimizes the negative impact on humans, beneficial wildlife, and the environment.
The Role of Property Upkeep in Pest Prevention
Effective pest prevention goes hand-in-hand with maintaining a clean and well-kept property. Regardless of the season, maintaining your property’s cleanliness and addressing any vulnerabilities plays a key role in minimizing the risk of infestations.
Here are some essential property upkeep tips to consider:
1. Regular cleaning: Keep your property clean by regularly sweeping floors, wiping down countertops, and removing clutter. This reduces potential hiding spots and eliminates food sources that could attract pests.
2. Sealing gaps and cracks: Routinely inspect your property for any gaps or cracks that could serve as entry points for pests, and promptly repair them. Pay particular attention to windows, doors, and utility openings, as well as your foundation and roofline.
3. Pest-proof storage: Ensure that food, particularly in pantries and kitchens, is stored in airtight containers or otherwise protected from potential infestations.
4. Water damage: Inspect your property for water leaks, damaged gutters, or any areas that could accumulate standing water, which could attract pests and lead to structural issues.
5. Landscaping and lawn care: Regularly mow your lawn, trim shrubs and trees, and remove weeds to maintain a clean and tidy exterior. This not only enhances your property’s curb appeal but also discourages pests from nesting or seeking shelter nearby.
By including these property upkeep tasks in your routine, you simultaneously support pest prevention efforts and maintain the overall integrity of your home or business.
Trusting Professional Pest Control Services in Arkansas
Pest control in Arkansas is a year-round responsibility due in large part to the state’s seasonal variations that drive different pest behaviors. By partnering with a trusted pest control provider like Command Pest, you ensure your property remains protected and well-maintained throughout every season.
Command Pest is skilled in the art of IPM, enabling it to deliver environmentally friendly and effective pest management solutions to residential and commercial clients in Arkansas. Their knowledgeable team of specialists is well-versed in local pest populations, seasonal behavioral patterns, and best practices for preventing and treating infestations.
Working with a reputable pest control company like Command Pest ensures peace of mind and allows you to focus on enjoying your property, undisturbed by the aggravation and potential damage inflicted by uninvited pest guests.
Protect Your Arkansas Property with Command Pest
Pest control in Arkansas requires a comprehensive, year-round approach due to the state’s diversity of climate and pest populations. As pests pose threats to both residential and commercial properties, as well as to human and pet health, it is crucial to maintain a proactive pest management strategy. This not only ensures a safe and comfortable environment but also helps protect your property investment from potential damage caused by infestations.
By adopting integrated pest management (IPM) techniques, maintaining regular property upkeep, and staying informed on pest-related risks, property owners in Arkansas can take the necessary steps toward maintaining a pest-free environment. Working with an experienced pest control provider like Command Pest significantly increases the success of these efforts, ensuring unmatched professional knowledge, expertise, and service.
Don’t leave your property vulnerable to pests – choose a trustworthy and reliable pest control partner like Command Pest. With a commitment to environmentally friendly practices and outstanding customer service, you can rest assured knowing your Arkansas property is in capable hands. Contact Command Pest today for a consultation and assessment of your pest control needs. Let the professionals protect your property now and throughout the year, ensuring a safe, enjoyable space for you and your loved ones.
Reach out to us today to discuss proactive pest control options for your Arkansas property and take the first step towards a pest-free environment.
DIY Pest Control Methods – Pest infestations are an unwelcome reality for many homeowners and business owners in Little Rock & Springdale, AR, and finding a safe, effective, and lasting solution is paramount. The rise of do-it-yourself (DIY) trends and the abundance of information regarding pest control available online has made DIY approaches more popular than ever. But is this a step in the right direction, or do these methods pose more risks than rewards?
In this comprehensive guide, we will dive deep into the world of DIY pest control methods, weighing their effectiveness and risks against professional pest control services, such as those offered by Command Pest Control. We’ll explore the various factors to consider when attempting DIY pest control, including safety concerns, costs, time investment, and potential limitations. Throughout the article, we will cite relevant studies and research to provide you with a well-rounded understanding of the subject matter.
By the end of this guide, you’ll be well-equipped to decide whether DIY pest control is the right approach for your needs or if it’s wiser to rely on the expertise of a professional pest control company. We’ll delve into the benefits of partnering with a reputable pest control service like Command Pest Control, ensuring that your home or business remains a safe, comfortable, and pest-free environment.
I’m Dustin Zimmer, the branch manager of the Little Rock, AR Command Pest branch. I’ve seen many customers confused when they try to do pest control on their own. So, without further ado, let’s embark on this journey to explore the effectiveness and risks of DIY pest control methods and determine whether tackling pest infestations yourself or trusting professionals is the best course of action.
1. Common DIY Pest Control Methods: Pros and Cons
Traps and Bait Stations
Traps and bait stations are widely used for controlling rodents such as mice and rats. Both methods are considered simple, affordable solutions that can be easily found in stores.
– Relatively cost-effective.
– No professional help is needed.
– Easy to use and set up.
– May not be sufficient for severe infestations.
– May cause harm to non-target animals or pets.
– Proper disposal of dead rodents is essential to prevent health risks.
Vinegar and Essential Oils
Natural remedies like vinegar and essential oils (e.g., eucalyptus, peppermint, and lavender) have gained popularity as repellents for various pests, such as ants and spiders.
– Non-toxic and eco-friendly.
– Pleasant fragrance.
– Use of natural ingredients.
– Effectiveness can vary and may not be sufficient to eliminate the infestation completely.
– Repetitive application may be necessary.
– May only work on specific pests.
Diatomaceous earth is a natural product often used to control pests like ants, silverfish, and cockroaches. It works by damaging the exoskeleton of insects, causing them to dry out and eventually die.
– Non-toxic and natural.
– Can be used indoors and outdoors.
– Effective against various insect pests.
– Limited to insects with exoskeletons.
– May need multiple applications for lasting results.
– May not be effective when wet.
Home Remedies for Mosquitoes
Common home remedies for controlling mosquitoes include using citronella candles, installing screens, and applying natural repellents made with herbs like lemon eucalyptus.
– Environmentally friendly alternatives to chemical products.
– Can provide temporary relief from mosquitoes.
– Some natural repellents have been proven to be effective.
– May not effectively address the root cause of mosquito infestations.
– Efficacy of home remedies may be limited.
– Require repetitive application for consistent results.
2. Potential Risks and Limitations of DIY Pest Control
Many DIY pest control methods come with potential risks, especially when using chemical products. Improper application, accidental ingestion by children or pets, and incorrect dosage can lead to serious hazards and health issues. Further, incorrect identification of a pest species may lead to an inappropriate treatment, causing harm to non-target species or exacerbating the infestation.
Time-Consuming and Inconsistent Results
DIY pest control solutions can be time-consuming and labor-intensive as homeowners or business owners may need to research, purchase, apply, and monitor the treatments themselves. Moreover, DIY solutions may not deliver consistent results, and multiple treatments may be needed to achieve the desired outcome.
Lack of Expertise
Homeowners and business owners might encounter difficulties in accurately diagnosing the extent of infestations and identifying the most effective treatment options. Moreover, they might lack knowledge about pest behavior, biology, and habitat, making it challenging to provide long-term solutions independently.
3. Factors That Influence DIY Pest Control Effectiveness
The species of the pest in question can play a significant role in determining the effectiveness of DIY pest control methods. Some species, such as ants and spiders, may be easier to manage with home remedies, while other pests, like termites and bed bugs, could require more specialized treatments and equipment.
The size and severity of an infestation can impact the success of DIY methods. While some home treatments may work for minor pest issues, they may not be as effective for extensive or deeply entrenched infestations that require more powerful and targeted solutions.
Persistence and Timeliness
Successfully treating a pest problem with DIY methods may require persistence and timely application of treatments. In many cases, multiple applications may be necessary to keep pests at bay. Homeowners and business owners should also be prepared to invest time and effort in monitoring the progress of their pest control efforts and adapting their strategies as needed.
4. The Importance of Integrated Pest Management
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an environmentally friendly approach to pest control that aims to minimize the use of chemical treatments while focusing on long-term solutions. IPM includes a mix of preventive measures, targeted treatments, and ongoing monitoring to keep pest populations in check, making it a more sustainable option than relying on chemicals alone.
While there are DIY solutions that incorporate IPM principles, partnering with a professional pest control company like Command Pest Control can ensure a more comprehensive implementation of IPM strategies. By understanding pest behavior and biology, identifying and eliminating conducive conditions, and taking a targeted approach to treatment, professional pest control companies can provide a long-lasting, effective solution to your pest issues.
5. The Value of Professional Pest Control Services
Customized Treatments and Expertise
Professional pest control services, such as Command Pest Control, can develop customized treatment plans tailored to the specific pests, infestations, and unique situations of each client. Companies have access to specialized products and equipment, as well as the knowledge and expertise of trained technicians. This results in more targeted solutions that are likely to be more effective than standardized DIY methods.
Professional pest control services focus on not just addressing the current infestation but also providing long-term prevention measures to discourage pests from returning in the future. Technicians can identify and address potential entry points, breeding grounds, and contributing factors, ensuring a more comprehensive and lasting solution.
Professional pest control technicians are trained to apply treatments safely and appropriately, thereby reducing the risks associated with accidental misuse or exposure to harmful chemicals. They can also advise homeowners and business owners on how to maintain a pest-free environment with minimal risk to occupants’ health.
6. When to Call a Professional Pest Control Service
While DIY pest control methods can be effective for some minor infestations, certain situations warrant seeking the help of professionals. Here are some scenarios in which you should consider calling a pest control company like Command Pest Control:
– You’re dealing with a large or recurring infestation that requires expert intervention and specialized treatments.
– The infestation poses a significant health risk or has the potential to cause extensive property damage, such as with termites or rodents.
– You’ve tried DIY methods, but the problem persists or worsens.
– The pest problem requires potentially hazardous treatments, such as chemical insecticides, that should only be applied by trained professionals.
7. Tips for Choosing the Right Pest Control Service
Selecting the right pest control company is crucial in achieving lasting results and ensuring the safety and protection of your property. Here are some tips to help you make the best choice:
Do Your Research
Take the time to research different pest control companies in your local area and read customer reviews to gauge their reputation and track record. Look for companies that have experience dealing with the specific pests you’re facing and those that offer comprehensive solutions tailored to your needs.
Check for Licensing and Certifications
Ensure that the pest control company you choose is properly licensed and holds relevant certifications, such as being a member of the National Pest Management Association or having certified entomologists on staff. This demonstrates their commitment to professionalism and adherence to industry standards.
Inquire About their Treatment Approaches
When consulting with potential pest control companies, ask about their treatment approaches and whether they follow Integrated Pest Management (IPM) principles. This will help you gauge their commitment to environmentally friendly and sustainable practices.
Get Multiple Estimates
Before committing to a specific pest control service, obtain estimates from multiple companies to compare the costs and services they offer. This will help you make an informed decision about the best provider for your specific pest control needs.
Ask About Guarantees and Follow-Up Services
Reputable pest control companies, such as Command Pest Control, will stand by their work and offer guarantees for the effectiveness of their treatments. They may also provide follow-up services and ongoing monitoring to ensure the long-term success of their pest management plans. Asking about these options can provide peace of mind and help solidify your choice.
In conclusion, while DIY pest control methods may work for mild infestations or preventive measures, they can sometimes be less effective or even risky compared to professional pest control services. If you’re faced with a challenging pest problem, don’t hesitate to seek the help of experts like Command Pest Control to ensure a safe, comprehensive, and lasting solution.
8. Preparing Your Home or Business for Professional Pest Control
To ensure the most effective pest control treatment, it is crucial to prepare your home or business properly for a visit by a professional pest control company like Command Pest Control. Here are some essential steps to take:
Eliminating clutter from your property makes it easier for technicians to assess the infestation, access possible entry points, and apply treatments as needed. Piles of clutter can harbor pests and create ideal breeding grounds, so clearing up these areas can assist in controlling the issue.
Clean Up Food Sources
Uncovered food, dirty dishes, and crumbs provide ample sustenance for insects and rodents. By maintaining a clean environment, you’ll make your property less appealing to pests and more accessible for treatment.
Seal Entry Points
Inspect your property for any gaps, cracks, or openings that could serve as entry points for pests. A pest control technician can also help you identify these areas during their inspection, suggesting measures to seal them off effectively.
Notify Neighbors or Tenants
In some cases, such as an apartment complex or a row of townhouses, it may be necessary to notify neighbors or tenants about upcoming pest control treatments. Advance notice ensures that everyone is prepared and allows for a better chance of addressing pests throughout the area.
9. Preventing Future Pest Infestations
Preventing pest infestations from occurring in the first place is always a better strategy than dealing with an ongoing issue. Here are some proactive measures you can take to keep pests at bay:
Maintain a Clean Environment
Regular cleaning, proper food storage, and promptly addressing any spills or messes will discourage pests from establishing habitats in your home or business. Be particularly vigilant about cleaning and maintaining high-risk areas such as kitchens, pantries, and bathrooms.
Scheduling regular inspections, particularly in vulnerable locations like basements, attics, and crawl spaces, will help you identify and address any potential pest problems before they escalate. Professional pest control services like Command Pest Control can assist with comprehensive inspections and offer ongoing maintenance plans.
Landscaping and Property Maintenance
Proper landscaping and property maintenance can make your home or business less attractive to pests. Trim trees and shrubs away from the building, remove piles of leaves or debris, and ensure gutters and downspouts are in good working order. Regularly check for signs of pest activity, such as nests, droppings, and damage.
Invest in pest-proofing solutions, such as durable door sweeps, weatherstripping, and window screens, to minimize the chances of pests entering your property. Seal any gaps or cracks in your foundation or around doors and windows with caulking or other sealants.
10. Educating Yourself on Pest Management Practices
Being informed about best practices for pest management will empower you to make well-informed decisions for your home or business. By understanding the principles of integrated pest management (IPM) and researching various pest control methods, you can approach pest issues with more knowledge and confidence.
Take advantage of available resources, including pest control websites, blogs, and trustworthy articles on pest management, to expand your understanding. Industry organizations such as the National Pest Management Association also offer valuable information and resources for homeowners and business owners.
11. Financial Considerations for Pest Control Services
Pest control services may be perceived as an added expense for many home and business owners. However, investing in professional pest control can offer significant financial savings in the long run. By addressing pest infestations early, you can avoid costly damage to your property, protect your belongings, and safeguard the health of your family or employees.
Approach pest control services as an investment in the safety and well-being of your property rather than simply an added expense. Consider reaching out to multiple pest control companies for quotes to compare prices and find the most cost-effective solution for your needs. Don’t forget to ask about any guarantees or warranties they provide, which can offer added peace of mind and long-term protection.
In conclusion, while DIY pest control methods may work for mild infestations or preventive measures, they can sometimes be less effective or even risky compared to professional pest control services. If you’re faced with a challenging pest problem, don’t hesitate to seek the help of experts like Command Pest Control to ensure a safe, comprehensive, and lasting solution.
By educating yourself on pest management practices, taking preventive measures, and knowing when to call in professionals, you can contribute to a pest-free environment that protects both your property and your wallet. Remember that the importance of a proactive and informed approach to pest control cannot be overstated. By staying vigilant and collaborating with skilled professionals like Command Pest Control, you can achieve a safe, comfortable, and pest-free home or business.
Protect Your Home and Business with Command Pest Control
In the battle against pests, it is essential to remain proactive and informed to protect your property, maintain a healthy environment, and avoid costly damage. While DIY pest control methods might seem appealing, they can occasionally be less effective or even unsafe compared to professional pest control services. Should you find yourself faced with a stubborn or dangerous infestation, don’t hesitate to enlist the help of experienced professionals like Command Pest Control.
Compromise is not an option when dealing with the safety and well-being of your home or business. That’s why partnering with an expert pest control company, such as Command Pest Control, ensures tailored and long-lasting solutions to even your most daunting pest problems.
Ultimately, a well-rounded approach to pest management, combining preventive measures, regular inspections, and professional intervention when required, is the key to maintaining a pest-free living or working environment. As you stay vigilant and take advantage of the wealth of information available on pest management, you can rest easy knowing that you’re taking all the necessary steps to safeguard your property and loved ones.
When faced with pest issues, rely on Command Pest Control’s expertise and resources for the most effective and lasting solution. Learn more about our customizable pest control plans and experience the peace of mind that comes with a skilled and dedicated team on your side. Visit Command Pest Control today and take the first step in achieving a pest-free home or business.
Pests are unwelcome guests in any home or business, posing risks to health, safety, and property. As a leading pest control company in Little Rock & Springdale, AR, Command Pest Control is committed to providing top-quality service and information to protect your home or business from unwanted pests. In this guide, our experts answer your most frequently asked pest control questions. From prevention tips to treatment options, you’ll find the essential knowledge you need to keep your space pest-free.
With years of experience in the pest control industry, our experts are able to provide reliable insights into various aspects of pest management. Whether you’re struggling with rodents at home or dealing with an infestation in your workspace, understanding the common challenges and prevention mechanisms is crucial to maintain a clean and healthy environment.
At Command Pest Control, we understand the importance of providing accurate, timely information to help you make informed decisions in dealing with pest problems. So, this FAQ aims to be your go-to resource for all things pest control, so you can feel confident in addressing the problem effectively and making the right choices for your home or business.
Pest Control 101: Your Questions, Our Answers
1. Identifying Common Pest Infestations
Before tackling pest control problems, it’s essential to know which pests are often found in homes and businesses. In Little Rock & Springdale, AR, some of the most common pests include rodents (mice and rats)
, insects (ants, roaches, bed bugs, and termites) , and even wildlife (such as raccoons and squirrels). Each of these pests presents unique challenges and requires different solutions.
Signs of Infestation
Early identification of an infestation is essential to minimizing damage and preventing the problem from worsening. Here are some common signs to look out for:
- Droppings: Pest droppings can indicate an infestation, particularly in the case of rodents.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents and other pests are known for gnawing on various surfaces, including wires and wood.
- Dead insects: Finding dead insects around your property, particularly in clusters, could signify a problem.
- Damage around the property: From chewed-up food packaging to holes in walls, visible damage can be a clear sign of an infestation.
2. DIY Pest Control: When to Try It and When to Call the Pros
Many homeowners and business owners may consider trying do-it-yourself methods before calling in professionals. While some DIY solutions can be effective for smaller issues, others may not work as well or could potentially cause more harm than good.
DIY Solutions Worth Trying
- Traps: Traps can be an effective solution for catching and removing smaller pests like mice and rats.
- Natural deterrents: Using natural remedies—like essential oils and vinegar—can help repel some pests from your home or business.
- Sealing entry points: This simple preventative measure can help you prevent pests from entering your property in the first place.
When to Call Professional Pest Control Services
It’s time to call in the pros when:
- DIY methods no longer work or are ineffective.
- The infestation is extensive, making it difficult to handle on your own.
- You’re unsure how to deal with the issue safely and effectively.
3. The Benefits of Professional Pest Control Services
Hiring a professional pest control company like Command Pest Control offers several advantages over DIY solutions:
Expertise and Experience
Professionals have extensive knowledge, experience, and understanding of various pests, making them well-equipped to handle a wide range of infestation issues. They’re also trained in the latest pest control methods and technologies, ensuring effective and efficient solutions.
Customized Treatment Plans
Professional pest control services tailor their treatments to the specific pests, infestations, and unique situations of each client—this personalized approach results in targeted solutions that are more effective than one-size-fits-all DIY methods.
Prevention and Long-Term Solutions
Hiring a professional pest control company doesn’t only address your current infestation concerns; it also provides preventative measures and long-term solutions to discourage pests from returning in the future.
Professionals are well-versed in the safe application of various treatments and can help limit your exposure to harmful chemicals or pest-related hazards.
4. Tips for Keeping Your Home and Business Pest-Free
Keeping your home or business pest-free requires vigilance and consistent effort. Here are some tips to help maintain a pest-free environment:
Maintain a Clean Environment
Dirt and clutter attract pests, so keeping your property clean and well-organized is crucial. Regularly sweep, mop, and vacuum to eliminate crumbs, dust, and debris. Address any spills, leaks, or moisture problems promptly.
Seal Entry Points
Examine your home or business for potential entry points, such as gaps in doors, windows, or walls. Seal up any cracks or holes to prevent pests from entering.
Properly Store Food
Pests are often attracted by food, so store food items in airtight containers and avoid leaving out unsealed leftovers or unsecured trash inside or outside your home or business.
Inspect Furniture and Belongings
Regularly check your home or business for signs of pests, paying close attention to hidden nooks and crannies, such as furniture, storage areas, and basements.
Schedule Routine Pest Control Inspections
Contact a professional pest control company, like Command Pest Control, to schedule regular inspections and ensure that your property remains pest-free.
Expert Advice: Dealing With Pest Problems in Your Home
Dealing with pest infestations can be overwhelming and frustrating, but with the right knowledge and professional help, you can tackle these challenges effectively. By understanding common pests, considering DIY solutions, understanding when to call professionals, and implementing preventative measures, you’re well-equipped to prevent and address pest problems in your home or business.
Command Pest Control is here to support you every step of the way, offering expert guidance and reliable solutions to keep your space safe, clean, and pest-free. Get in touch with us and see how we can help you with our wide range of pest control services!
Pest infestations can be a significant annoyance and worrisome problem for homeowners and businesses alike. With so many pests to deal with, ranging from rodents to insects, it’s not uncommon for residents and commercial property owners to have questions about how to properly address and prevent these infestations. Fortunately, our team at Command Pest Control is here to help! We’ve compiled responses to some of the most common pest control questions to provide you with the information and guidance you need. Whether you’re dealing with existing pests or looking to prevent future problems, read on for valuable insights from our pest control experts.
How Do I Know If I Have a Pest Infestation?
Recognizing the signs is the first step in addressing and getting rid of a pest infestation. Different pests have distinct indications of their presence; however, some common signs you might be dealing with an infestation include:
1. Droppings: Rodents and cockroaches typically leave traces of their droppings as they move through your home or business. These droppings vary in size, but all signal a potential infestation. Regularly inspecting areas where pests are likely to gravitate, such as pantries and basements, can help you identify these unwelcome guests.
2. Pest sightings: If you notice insects or rodents scurrying around your property, this is a clear sign that you might have a pest problem. One bug or rodent sighting might not indicate an infestation, but consistently observing multiple pests is a strong indication that you should consult a professional pest control service.
3. Strange noises: Unusual sounds in your home can also signify a pest infestation. This might include scratching or scurrying noises coming from your walls, which could indicate that rodents or other pests have made themselves comfortable within your property.
4. Damage to belongings: Pests, particularly rodents, are infamous for chewing on various items within homes and businesses, damaging electrical wires, wood, and even drywall. Should you discover gnawed or nibbled belongings, you may be dealing with an infestation.
5. Smells: Some pests emit a distinct and unpleasant odor. For instance, mice and rats have a characteristic urine smell that becomes quite noticeable during an infestation, while certain insects like cockroaches produce a musty odor.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, it’s important to contact a professional pest control company, like Command Pest Control, for a proper inspection and treatment plan.
What Are the Most Effective Treatment Options for Pests?
Choosing the right treatment option for your particular pest problem depends on the type and severity of the infestation. Here are some of the most common and effective methods used by pest control experts:
1. Traps: Traps can be an effective means of controlling rodents such as mice and rats. The two main types of traps include snap traps and glue traps. Snap traps rely on a spring-loaded device to quickly dispatch the rodent, while glue traps use a sticky adhesive to catch and hold the invading pest.
2. Chemical Pesticides: Chemical treatments can effectively deal with a variety of pests, including insects and rodents. Different chemicals are designed to target specific pests, so it’s essential to enlist the help of a professional pest control service to ensure the proper product is being utilized in a safe and effective manner.
3. Bait Stations: Bait stations use a combination of attractants and pesticides to lure pests into a controlled area where they can consume the bait and be subsequently eliminated. This method can target a variety of pests, from ants and cockroaches to rodents.
4. Integrated Pest Management (IPM): IPM is a comprehensive approach to pest control that addresses the root cause of the problem while reducing the reliance on chemical pesticides. This technique involves inspection, identification of pests, implementation of preventative measures, and targeted treatment (including biological controls, sanitation, and exclusion). IPM aims to minimize the environmental impact of pest control treatments by focusing on long-term prevention and targeted control tactics.
Professional pest control companies like Command Pest Control can help you assess and determine the most effective treatment plan tailored to your specific situation. Addressing a pest problem on your own might seem tempting, but it’s essential to consult experts who have the knowledge and skills to properly diagnose and treat pest infestations.
How Can I Prevent Pest Infestations in My Home or Business?
Preventing pest infestations is a crucial aspect of maintaining a clean and safe environment in your home or business. Implementing the following pest prevention tips can help you avoid attracting these unwanted visitors:
1. Keep your space clean: Maintaining good sanitation practices in your home or commercial property is vital to reducing the risk of pest infestations. Regular cleaning, especially in areas where food is prepared, stored, or consumed, can deter pests such as ants, cockroaches, and rodents from being attracted to your property. Be sure to clean up spills and crumbs promptly and avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink overnight.
2. Seal entry points: Pests can enter your property through even the smallest gaps and cracks. Inspect your home or business for any openings that could serve as entry points for pests and seal them promptly. This might include caulking gaps around windows and doors, or using steel wool to fill any gaps around pipes or other utility lines.
3. Proper storage of food: Store food in sealed containers made of glass or plastic to prevent pests from accessing and contaminating your food supply. This is essential in both residential and commercial spaces, particularly in restaurants and office break rooms.
4. Manage waste: Regularly empty and clean your trash bins, both indoors and outside. Ensure outdoor trash receptacles have tight-fitting lids to discourage pests such as rodents, raccoons, and flies from accessing your waste.
5. Yard maintenance: Keeping your yard well-maintained can prevent pests from finding suitable homes in hidden areas around your property. Keep your grass trimmed, remove leaf litter and dead plants, and eliminate any standing water that could serve as a breeding ground for pests such as mosquitoes.
6. Regular inspections: Schedule routine pest control inspections with a reputable company like Command Pest Control. Regular inspections can help detect any potential pest problems early before they become significant issues.
Are DIY Pest Control Methods Effective?
While DIY pest control methods may seem like a cost-effective solution, they often fail to address the underlying causes of the problem, leading to recurring infestations. Furthermore, inexperienced individuals may not be aware of the appropriate and safe usage of pesticides, resulting in potential health risks or ineffective treatment.
Professional pest control companies like Command Pest Control have trained technicians who can accurately identify the specific type of pest, determine the severity of the infestation, and implement a targeted treatment plan. Additionally, they possess the proper equipment, knowledge, and resources needed to effectively address and prevent pest issues in your home or business.
If you suspect a pest problem in your property, it’s always best to consult with a professional pest control service to ensure proper and effective treatment.
How Long Does It Take to Eliminate a Pest Infestation?
The time it takes to eliminate a pest infestation can vary depending on several factors, including the type of pests involved, the severity of the infestation, and the chosen treatment method. In some cases, pests can be eliminated within a few days; however, more severe infestations may require multiple treatment visits and ongoing monitoring to ensure complete eradication.
Working with experienced pest control professionals like Command Pest Control can provide a more accurate timeline for your specific situation, as they can assess the infestation and develop a tailored treatment plan. It’s essential to follow the recommended timeline and any additional advice from the pest control technician to maximize the effectiveness of the treatment.
Are Pest Control Treatments Safe for My Family and Pets?
The safety of your family and pets is a top priority for the pest control industry. Licensed and reputable pest control companies like Command Pest Control strictly adhere to federal and state regulations and guidelines for pesticide usage. They utilize industry-recommended Integrated Pest Management (IPM) principles to minimize the use of chemicals and focus on safe, non-chemical control methods.
When chemical treatment methods are necessary, professional pest control technicians are trained to apply these products in the safest manner possible, utilizing targeted application techniques and following proper safety protocols. If you have any concerns about the safety of the treatment methods being used at your property, discuss them with your pest control technician to understand the precautions and steps you might need to take.
How Often Should I Schedule Pest Control Service?
The frequency of pest control service appointments depends on several factors, including the type of pests being treated, the severity of the infestation, and the specific needs of your property. For homes and businesses without a current pest problem, scheduling a regular inspection and preventative treatment at least once a year is typically sufficient. However, if your property is prone to certain pests or you’re dealing with an ongoing issue, more frequent service may be necessary.
A professional pest control company like Command Pest Control can help assess your specific needs and develop a service schedule that best suits your property. Remember, prevention is key; investing in regular pest control services will protect your home or business from potential infestations in the long term.
Pest Control Questions
Can Weather Conditions Affect Pest Infestations?
Weather conditions can significantly impact pest activity and the likelihood of infestations within your home or business. For instance:
1. Warm weather: Warmer temperatures often cause an increase in pest activity, especially for insects like ants, mosquitoes, and termites. This is due to their increased metabolism facilitating movement, breeding, and a search for food sources.
2. Rainy weather: Heavy rainfall can drive pests like rodents and insects indoors in search of dry shelter. Additionally, increased moisture levels can create favorable breeding conditions for pests such as mosquitoes, mold-loving insects, and other moisture-seeking pests.
3. Colder weather: Colder temperatures force many pests to seek warm and safe shelter, which often leads them to invade homes and businesses. Rodents, such as mice and rats, are particularly likely to invade properties during colder months.
4. Drought: Prolonged periods of dry weather can lead to some pests seeking water sources within your property, which increases the chance of infestations.
By understanding how weather conditions can influence pest behavior, you can take proactive measures to protect your home or business from potential infestations. Additionally, working with a professional pest control company like Command Pest Control ensures that these seasonal changes are taken into account when developing a customized pest control plan.
Pest Control Questions
What Are the Risks of Ignoring a Pest Infestation?
Ignoring a pest infestation can result in a wide array of problems for both homeowners and businesses:
1. Property damage: Pests such as rodents and termites are notorious for causing extensive damage to building structures, furniture, wiring, and other belongings, which can quickly become expensive to repair.
2. Health risks: Some pests carry diseases that can compromise the health of building occupants, while others – like allergen-producing pests such as cockroaches – can trigger respiratory issues, particularly in individuals with asthma or allergies.
3. Contamination: Pests can contaminate the food supply and cooking surfaces, resulting in potential illness or spoiled food items.
4. Decreased property value: Unresolved pest infestations can lower your property’s value, especially when potential buyers or renters become aware of the problem.
5. Business impact: For businesses, a pest infestation can result in a damaged reputation, loss of customers, and even potential closure if not properly addressed.
Given these risks, it’s critical to address any suspected pest problems as soon as possible. Consult with a professional pest control company like Command Pest Control to ensure your infestation is treated effectively and efficiently.
Pest Control Questions
How Do I Choose the Right Pest Control Company for My Needs?
Finding the right pest control company for your needs involves thorough research and consideration. Here are a few tips to help you find the best provider:
1. Reputation: Look for a company with a strong reputation and positive customer reviews. You can check online review sites, ask for references, or seek recommendations from friends or neighbors.
2. Licensing and certification: Ensure the company holds the proper licenses and certifications required by local and state regulations. This indicates that technicians have undergone the necessary training and adhere to industry standards.
3. Experience: Seek out companies with extensive experience and a proven track record of successfully treating various types of pests in a variety of settings – residential and commercial.
4. Pest control methods: Ask about the company’s approach to pest control – do they use Integrated Pest Management principles? Are they committed to using environmentally friendly practices whenever possible?
5. Customer service: Engage with the company to gauge their responsiveness, professionalism, and willingness to answer your questions and address your concerns.
Pest Control Questions
Command Pest Control is dedicated to providing excellent service, safe and effective treatments, and addressing the needs of residents and businesses in Arkansas. By following these guidelines and asking the right questions, you’ll find the perfect pest control partner to protect your home or property from pest infestations.
Can Pest Control Treatments Harm Beneficial Insects and Wildlife?
A concern among property owners is whether pest control treatments can inadvertently harm beneficial insects and wildlife. When using Integrated Pest Management (IPM) principles, pest control professionals like Command Pest Control take measures to minimize harm to non-target species while focusing on controlling the unwanted pests. This may involve using targeted treatments, like bait stations, that specifically attract the target pest, or carefully selecting pesticide products designed to have minimal impact on beneficial insects.
Furthermore, many pest control companies have adopted eco-friendly practices and solutions that prioritize environmental safety and protection of beneficial wildlife. To ensure the safety of non-target species, always discuss your concerns with your pest control provider and seek out those that emphasize environmentally friendly practices.
Pest Control Questions
What Should I Expect During a Pest Control Inspection?
During a pest control inspection, a trained technician will examine your property thoroughly to identify any signs of pest activity, structural vulnerabilities that may be allowing pests to enter, and potential factors that could contribute to an infestation. Here’s a general overview of what to expect:
1. Interview: The technician will ask questions about your property, any observed pest activity, and any history of pest problems.
2. Interior inspection: The technician will examine the interior of your property, focusing on the most likely spots for pest activity. This may include kitchens, basements, bathrooms, attics, and any other areas where pests might be attracted.
3. Exterior inspection: A thorough inspection of the property’s exterior will help identify potential entry points for pests and areas where they could be nesting or breeding. The technician will assess windows, doors, pipes, vents, and the roofline and look for any signs of damage or weakness that could provide pests with access to your property.
4. Recommendations: Following the inspection, the technician will discuss their findings and provide recommendations for a treatment plan if an infestation is discovered, or prevention strategies to keep your property pest-free.
Pest Control Questions
Understanding what to expect during an inspection can help you prepare and ensure that the process goes smoothly.
When Should I Consider Termite Inspections and Treatments?
Termites pose a significant threat to homes and businesses, causing billions of dollars in property damage each year in the United States alone. Regular termite inspections are crucial to identify and address any signs of infestation before significant damage occurs.
At a minimum, you should schedule a professional termite inspection once a year. However, if you live in an area with a high risk of termite activity, more frequent inspections may be necessary. Other factors that may warrant scheduling an inspection include:
1. Evidence of termite activity: If you observe any signs of termites near your property, such as discarded wings, mud tubes, or damaged wood, you should schedule an inspection immediately.
2. Recent termite infestation: If your property has had a termite infestation in the past, it’s essential to maintain regular inspections to minimize the risk of a re-infestation.
3. Real estate transactions: It’s typical for a termite inspection to be performed during the buying or selling process to ensure that no hidden termite damage is present.
4. Home renovations: If you’re planning major home renovations, particularly those involving wooden structures, it’s wise to schedule a termite inspection to identify and treat any existing infestations before construction begins.
Pest Control Questions
Dealing with pests can be a daunting task, but with the help of expert guidance and professional pest control services in Arkansas, you can effectively address and prevent pest infestations in your home or business. By seeking answers to your questions and remaining informed about best practices, you can make informed decisions when it comes to protecting your property and the health of its occupants.
Don’t let pests take control of your property – let Command Pest Control help you reclaim your space. Contact us today to schedule a comprehensive inspection and customized treatment plan. With years of experience, environmentally friendly practices, and unmatched dedication to our customers, Command Pest Control is your top choice for expert pest control services in Arkansas. Schedule an appointment now!
Despite the cold, the winter brings activities designed for comfort: snuggling under the covers during a holiday movie night, making hot cocoa and cookies, and roasting marshmallows over a fire. As much as we enjoy the creature comforts of winter, other creatures do the same. Disease-carrying mice and rats will chew their way through walls and windows or flatten their bodies to crawl through any tiny crack or crevice to get inside in search of warmth, shelter, and food.
Having rodents in your home (or business) is a serious problem. Not only do common species of mice and rats wreak havoc on a building’s structure, they also carry dangerous bacteria that can put your family, friends, and coworkers at risk for allergies and infection.
Here are the signs that rodents have come home for the holidays:
- Droppings – Since mice and rats leave droppings where they eat, you’ll often find this proof where you keep most of your food. Look for small, dark pellets in cabinets, pantries, cardboard boxes, and under sinks.
- Nests – If you see shredded paper, cotton, fabrics, or packing material lying around, you could have a pest nesting.
- Gnaw marks – Mice and rats will chew through nearly any type of material to get to food and water quickly, including plastic and lead pipes.
- Grease marks – Rats are dirty pests and their fur leaves dark grease or dirt marks along walls. Shine a flashlight onto areas of suspicion to see if any pests have found their way in.
- Noises – If you’re hearing bumps and scratches in the middle of the night, it’s likely nocturnal rodents scurrying between walls.
- Rodents themselves – Rodents are rapid breeders. Mice can get pregnant between five and 10 times a year, and rats can have up to six litters a year. If you actually lay eyes on just one of these sneaky pests, there are likely dozens of others around.
How to handle a rodent infestation:
You may think that over-the-counter rodent treatments are a good idea, but they fail to address the source of the infestation, and many contain chemicals that can be harmful to pets, children, and people with respiratory conditions. For safe and fast removal, you need to have a professional inspection performed by a pest control expert to determine the source of your problem, seal off the rodents’ point of entry, and remove the pests from your property.
With Command Pest Control’s advanced treatments and trained technicians on the case, your property is guaranteed to be protected. Our Springdale and Little Rock rodent control experts create custom solutions that combine effective rodent extermination treatments with long-lasting preventative care. For the best pest control services in Arkansas, contact us today and receive a free estimate.
As fall creeps in, you may notice some creepy crawly spiders around your home. These friendly, or not-so-friendly, eight-legged friends can hide in the nooks and crannies of your home or yard. With 40,000 known species of spiders worldwide and 3,000 calling North America home, learning the difference between friend and foe is crucial. Here’s a list of everything you need to know about common house spiders in Arkansas.
1. You may have seen these creatures, also called Harvestmen, walking around on your porch or near your home in wooded areas during the fall. Daddy Longlegs have eight long, skinny legs that extend off of a tiny, round body. It’s actually their round body, sporting only two eyes, that lets us know they’re actually not spiders at all. Although these critters are one of the creepiest looking on this list, they are harmless and contain no venom.
2. While you may not like to think about it, the American House Spider is very common in the south – recognizable by their small and gray size, often smaller than a nickel. You may notice them in tight, dark corners, inside closets and cabinets, or along the windows, and this species can live for years after they mature. These spiders are harmless at least, and an annoyance at worst.
3. Like most spiders, Brown Recluses like to hide in out-of-the-way spots. You might find them underneath furniture, in small corners, in the basement, in closets, and inside clothing. As the name suggests, they are brown and have a violin-shaped marking on their back. A single bite from this creepy crawler can lead to symptoms such as fever, chills, serious pain, nausea, necrosis at the site of the bite, and can be life-threatening.
4. Black Widows have a characteristic bright red, hourglass shape on their undersides, and if you see one, stay back! One bite from this venomous spider can cause serious pain, muscle stiffness, and nausea. If these spiders get into your house, they’ll mostly stay in dark, hidden areas. However, you might see them in corners as well.
5. Hobo Spiders are most noticeable in the fall when their dew-covered webs are visible in the morning hours. They will build their webs in a variety of places including windows, doorways, and cellars. While reactions vary from person to person, Hobo Spiders are considered nontoxic to humans.
6. Yellow Sac Spiders use their silk to construct tent-like coverings in low corners. They hide behind these structures during the daytime, resting up for nocturnal hunting. These pests vary drastically in coloring and are sometimes confused for other spiders due to their varying characteristics. Keep your distance from these spiders, as their venom contains cytotoxin that is toxic to humans.
Since 1995, Command Pest Control has been providing Arkansas property owners and commercial managers with exceptional services to help safely eliminate pests. Our exterminators can diagnose your spider issue and determine the best solution for your home or business. With our advanced treatments, those unwanted pests will be gone in no time! Protect your family from dangerous home invaders like these poisonous spiders when you book an appointment today at https://commandpest.com.
Summer marks a time of picnics, fresh produce, and sunshine. This season also brings all types of insects, from ants to mosquitos. Command Pest Control knows the importance of keeping your home pest free, and we have some tips for specifically keeping your pantry pest-free this summer.
1. Use Proper Storage
The first step in preventing pests is to use airtight containers to store food in your pantry. Since some insects are small enough to squeeze into tiny spaces, you should always look for containers with an airtight seal. Instead of storing cereal or rolled oats in an open box, transfer the contents to a sealed plastic container with a convenient pouring lid. For a more sustainable option, use mason jars! They are durable, don’t absorb odors, and are infinitely reusable.
2. Keep Your Kitchen And Pantry Clean
Since pests are attracted to food sources, the importance of proper sanitation cannot be stressed enough. When messes happen, clean up any crumbs, debris, or liquid as soon as possible – and dispose of trash regularly. Also consider seasonally cleaning your pantry with soap and water to eliminate any bugs or larvae that may be hiding.
3. Set Out Bay Leaves/Cinnamon
Placing dried bay leaves on your pantry shelves can ward off bugs like ants, fleas, cockroaches and moths. Bay leaves also contain no harmful chemicals or toxins and are safe if children or pets accidentally ingest them.
For further prevention, consider cinnamon. Sprinkle a line of cinnamon across the entry of your pantry or spice cabinet, and ants won’t cross it. You can also place cinnamon sticks in with your perishable and nonperishable items to both prevent pests and keep your kitchen smelling great!
3. Hire Command Pest Control
Sometimes DIY efforts simply won’t work for infestations. That’s when it’s time to call the professionals who can evaluate your entire home and properly apply treatments to eradicate problem pests. Contact us today at https://commandpest.com/residential for a free estimate today.
The life cycle of a mosquito is much more complex than we may think. Although they can’t regulate their body temperature below 50 degrees Fahrenheit, mosquitoes are still very much alive throughout the winter months. Here’s what you should know about mosquito life cycles and why these pests seem to disappear in the winter.
- Adults lay eggs and die in winter
Typically, each life cycle begins when temperatures reach below 50 degrees fahrenheit. Female mosquitoes find a collection of water, sometimes less than ½ an inch deep, and lay their final eggs for the season. Both the adult males and females eventually die due to the cold while their eggs that were laid enter a state of diapause – a process that halts their development during the coldest months.
- Eggs hatch in spring and begin feeding
When temperatures begin to warm during spring, the eggs come out of diapause and begin to hatch. These new mosquitos begin developing into full adults and typically seek out blood to feed on.
- New adult mosquitoes become dangerous to your family
When mosquito larvae hatch during the spring, offspring of infected mosquitoes may be carrying Zika Virus, and other dangerous diseases, making them not only a nuisance, but a threat to the safety of your family. One preventative measure to protect your family from mosquitoes is to eliminate bodies of water around your home – including flower pots, bird baths, and clogged gutters. Also consider drilling holes in other vessels which may accidentally catch and store rain – such as wheelbarrows and trash cans.
- Command Pest Control saves the day!
Sometimes, it takes more than preventative measures to handle a problem as rampant as mosquitos. Command Pest Control exterminators have the extensive training and specialized equipment required to quickly get rid of mosquitos on your property. To learn more about Command Pest’s extensive expertise in mosquito pest control, schedule your appointment today.
Fall is arguably one of the better seasons of the year- cool weather, spooky holidays, and pumpkin spice- what’s not to love? One downside of the changing season is the fall pests that can cause problems within your home. Luckly, we at Command Pest Control are experts in pest control and have some advice for preventative maintenance for your home during Autumn.
1. Locate any open vents
Open vents can be a welcome mat for unwanted pests, especially during cooler weather. Chimneys, attic vents, or pet doors in your home can all be overlooked entries for bugs, rodents, or other pests. For items that cannot be sealed, use a screen to protect them from unwanted pests.
2. Maintain your outdoor space
The cooler weather means more outdoor events like cookouts with friends and family. With outdoor spaces such as gazebos or firepits, the best preventative maintenance to prevent rodents and other pests is to dispose of your outdoor waste properly, including firewood and food waste. Clogged gutters can welcome rodents, so be sure to maintain these as well.
3. Seal cracks around your home
Use caulk or other insulation tools to seal any cracks in the exterior of your home. Bugs can inconspicuously slip through these cracks, seeking the warmth of your home during cooler months. By taking preventative measures to close off these entrances, you will help to protect your home from these unwanted fall pests.
4. Watch for signs of infestation
Rodent droppings, nests, and burrowing can all be indicators of rodent or pest infestation within your home. The best course of action if you suspect you have an infestation is to call our professionals at Command Pest Control at 1(877)596-1026 or visit us online to schedule an appointment at https://commandpest.com.
Time and time again we’ve seen homeowners come to the same conclusion after discovering a rodent problem – it’s time to get a cat. Felines are natural hunters, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that introducing a cat to a home with a rodent problem will result in a few dead rats and mice. But as far as a cat being an end-all solution to your rodent problem, we’re still not convinced.
read more →