Arkansas is, unfortunately, a perfect climate for termites — stubborn pests that can cause irreparable damage to homes and businesses, termites by feeding on wood foundations.
Because termites tend to stay hidden, people often don’t detect a termite problem until thousands of dollars worth of structural damage has been done. It is incredibly important to regularly check for the presence of termites in your home or business to prevent having to deal with an infestation. But, if you happen to find yourself with a termite problem, we at Command Pest Control offer the most reliable and effective treatment in Arkansas.
Let us help minimize the damage to your property and provide lasting protection against future infestations. Our exterminators have extensive training and, with our team’s expertise and specialized equipment, we can quickly identify and eradicate termites. Contact us today for reliable and affordable termite treatment!
Professional Termite Inspections
The key to preventing termite damage is to detect an infestation as early as possible. Most property owners lack the experienced eye that it takes to spot an infestation. But, if you suspect you might have a problem, don’t worry, our exterminators know exactly what to look for. Our highly trained professionals can thoroughly evaluate your building to help identify problems before they become an issue.
Effective Termite Pest Control
If you suspect you have a termite infestation, contact our exterminators right away. One of our highly-trained termite control technicians will come to your property and properly evaluate the area. If we discover a termite infestation during our inspection, using only the best products and techniques in the industry, our termite control technicians will guarantee that your property is protected. While applications will depend on the level of severity and size of the property, our team can typically survey the area and apply treatment in the same appointment!
We use a multitude of advanced termite treatments, including traps, bait stations, and sprays to get the results you want fast. No matter the treatment, our team is committed to the safety of both our employees and customers. For this specific service, people may be on the property at the time of application, and we will inform them of any safety measures that need to be followed, such as not touching treated areas until they are dry.
Through the expertise of our professionals and the service quality we deliver, we’re confident that we’ll completely rid your structure of termites. We work with property owners and managers all throughout Arkansas to eradicate termites in their homes, multi-unit residential complexes, commercial businesses, hotels, restaurants, schools, churches, and much more.
Types of Termites:
- Subterranean termites – Found throughout the continental United States and are the only termites native to Arkansas. They live in nests or colonies in the soil and build “mud tubes” on the sides of homes and businesses out of their droppings and saliva to serve as bridges between their colony and the wood they consume.
- Drywood termites – They are usually found in warm, southern climates and although they are not native to Arkansas, it is possible for this species to travel in wooden objects, (furniture, wine crates, etc.) and establish colonies in the state. Unlike subterranean termites, drywood termites do not need any contact with soil. They live in colonies in dry wood and leave sawdust-like droppings or pellets.
Both subterranean and drywood termites “fly” or swarm, especially in the spring or fall. Regardless of the type, all termites can cause costly damages and are a concern to your residential or commercial building.
Signs of Termites
Some telltale signs you may have a termite infestation include:
- Termite mud tubes near entryways
- Piles of discarded termite wings around windows, often resembling fish scales
- Termite droppings around your building
- Discolored or drooping drywall
- Small, pinpoint holes in drywall
- Peeling paint that resembles water damage
- Crumbling, damaged wood
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
In states like Arkansas where termites are fairly active and widespread, it is essential to maintain effective termite prevention. There are a few things that you can do on your own, such as:
- Keep your lawn mowed
- Deal with any standing water or moisture problems
- Replace and paint any structural wood that gets damaged right away
- Try to reduce wood-to-ground contact where possible, as this is a common access point for subterranean termites seeking entry into your building
- Treat wood with termiticide to make it unattractive to termites
- Replace landscaping mulch with cellulose-free alternatives or move it back at least six inches from your foundation
- Make sure wooden siding is at least six inches above the ground
- Seal all cracks, crevices, and joints to prevent drywood termites from entering
- Remove dead trees, firewood, and any other dead wood that can house drywood termites
- Receive annual termite inspections from a qualified expert
Hire Our Arkansas Termite Exterminators
The termite control experts at Command Pest Control can thoroughly evaluate your structure, identify the species, develop a customized termite treatment, and implement it as soon as possible to protect your property from further destruction. For the best pest control services in Arkansas, contact us today!
Schedule Your Free Estimate
Getting started is easy. Simply fill out and submit the form below. Once we receive it, we’ll contact you to schedule a full inspection of your home. Following this, our technician will provide you with a free treatment program estimate.